At Sydney City Heart Centre we do a lot of our diagnostic and non invasive imaging on site. In addition we try where possible to offer same day testing.
What you need to bring:
- Please bring with you your referral from you doctor
- Your medicare card where eligible
- If you are taking medications please bring the tablets with you
- Please bring a copy of your most recent blood tests from you GP
- Bring a pair of running shoes and comfortable clothes in the event that you may need to do a treadmill stress test. Some patients like to bring a bottle of water and a towel to wipe down with
- If you have any questions you have come up with please do write them down and discuss them with our doctors who are always happy to help you understand you cardiac health
When you arrive you will be greeted by our friendly staff. For you first visit you will be required to fill out our patient information form.
For each visit you will need to bring your Medicare card.
After being checked in you will see Dr Shruti Kapila in the consultation room. She will complete a thorough history and physical examination. If there is testing that is required we will arrange for the testing to be done at the time of the consultation.
A second appointment for further testing, follow up of results or a progress review may need to be made within the following weeks.
Please leave about an hour for a first review or a 12 monthly review, and about half an hour for follow up consultations.